Hurricane 2inch, 2.5inch and 3.5 inch Drone Frames
Updated: May 14
"You know, I'm something of a creator myself." :D
Jokes aside I am Hurcan, I don't have a proper title since I have been directing, Dp'ing or just creating video content for a while now. So yes I don't know how I should introduce myself, but it is certain that I am kind of a creator.
So about these drone frames, they all came out from the needs of my own fpv video projects and every project needed different requirements hence the 3 different drone frames.
I started with the 2.5 inch design and soon I realised I need a smaller one, enter 2inch. Then I saw that there is a need for an indoor fpv drone which is small enough to fly like a 2.5inch but can carry a decased Blackmagic Cinema Camera, hence the 3.5inch version.
If you have any questions or just want to watch the updates you can check the insta acount of the frame;
So in this post will be explaining, 2, 2.5 and 3.5inch Hurricane frame designs that I have been using in my professional fpv drone work;
All frames are available as kit at: https://www.cncdrones.com/Hurcan-Yilmazer_c_54.html
Hurricane 2 inch:
Available at: https://www.cncdrones.com/hurricane-2-inch.html Good for;
- Best option for going fast through tight gaps, - Minimizing the risk (while flying close to a talent or flying at delicate spaces) - Will have the best flight control with the stiff carbon cage design so can be tuned to be precise with the least amount of noise in gyro compared to other 2 inch FPV drone options.
-Naked gopro can be mounted at the top front, top back or bottom back as needed for the videoshoot.
Not Good for;
- Long flights. (Longest flight will be around 5 mins) - Long dives (will likely wobble at the end of a dive if used with 3s)
- Windy outdoor spaces.
Specs: * 102gr with clay foam protection and 3d printed parts using titanium screws and decased vista unit with polar pro nano. * 5.30 min flight time with 3s 750mah Tattu Battery. * 14mm camera mount
* 25.5mmx25.5mm AIO FC mount * 20x20 Decased Vista Mount.
* 9x9 motor mount
Suggested Parts: 1- 25.5mmx25.5mm AIO FC
2- Decased Vista with Nebula Pro Nano 3- Mamba 1105 5400kv motors 4- 4 blade Gemfan Props 5- 28x 6mm m2 Titanium screws (for frame only)
6- 14X 20mm AL standoffs (for frame only)
7- 3D prints can be downlaoded from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5336166
Hurricane 2.5 inch:
Available at https://www.cncdrones.com/hurricane-25.html Good for;
- Not as small as the 2 inch version but still capable of going through small gaps - Maximum flight time of 9min can be achieved with right motor / prop combination while keeping it under 250gr - Will have the best flight control with the stiff carbon cage design so can be tuned to be precise with the least amount of noise in gyro compared to other 2.5 inch FPV drone options.
-Naked gopro can be mounted at the top front, top back or bottom back as needed for the shoot.
- Can save a dive without a problem with right ESC settings. - Can be used as a pusher or conventional quad. - Can be freestyled - Can carry a full GoPro 8 for about 4.5 minutes while flying slow.
Not Good for;
- Carrying a cam heavier than a naked GoPro. - Extremely windy outdoor flights.
Specs: * Around 165gr with naked GoPro and 3d printed parts using titanium screws and decased vista unit. * 19mm camera mount
* 25.5mmx25.5mm AIO FC mount * 20x20 Vista Mount.
* 9x9 and 12*12mm motor mounts
* Cuts in the carbon for capasitor fitting
Suggested Parts: 1- 25.5mmx25.5mm AIO FC
2- Vista with Nebula Pro Nano 3- Tmotor 1404 3800kv, Tmotor 4500kv or Axis Flying AF144 4550kv motors 4- 5 blade Gemfan D63 Props for more punch and 3 blade GEPRC GEP-G2523 for longer flights 5- 18x 20mm AL standoffs (for frame only) 6- 36x 6mm Ti m2 screws (for frame only)
7- 3D Prit parts can be downloaded from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5151557
more detailed info about this 2.5 inch frame can be found on it's own post here.
Hurricane 3.5 inch:
- It allows to mount Decased Blackmagic kits (up to 550gr recommended) as well as a full GoPro - 4min45 sec flight with 550gr extra weight (6s 2000mah GNB Battery) hover at %50 throttle
- 8min 30sec flight with Full Gopro (6s 2000mah GNB Battery) - Will have the best flight control with the stiff carbon cage design so can be tuned to be precise with the least amount of noise in gyro compared to other 3.5 inch FPV cinewhoop drone options.
- Smallest footprint for indoor cine flights - Can be used as a pusher or conventional quad. - Can be freestyled while flying with Full Gopro - Capable of fairly good flight even in strong winds. Not Good for;
- Diving with decased Blackmagic (or any similar weight cameras) - Freestyling with decased Blackmagic (or any similar weight cameras)
(might be freestlyable if using higher than 1800kv motors in the expence of flight time)
Specs: * Around 320gr with Vista unit, Nebula Pro and 3d Prints * 19mm camera mount
* 25.5mmx25.5mm AIO FC mount * 30.5mmx30.5mm FC and ESC mount * 20x20 FC and ESC mount. *20x20 Vista Mount.
* 12x12 and 16x16 Motor mounrs
Suggested Parts: 1- 30x30 FC ESC Stack
2- Vista with Nebula Pro 3- Xnova T2204 1800kv motors 4- 5 blade D90 Gemfan Props.
5- 20x 25mm m3 AL standoffs (for frame only)
6- 40x 8mm m3 AL screws (for frame only)
7- 3D printable files can be found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5336179